|Venue||21 West North|
21 West North St, Akron, OH, 44304
This page was automatically copied from Meetings/Template by User:Phong. If you would like to change the structure of how meetings future perform, please make any modifications to Meetings/Template. If you would like to propose something at the meeting, send it to email@example.com, or bring it up at a meeting.
- Read the instructions out loud for all to comprehend if there are new people present.
- Delete these instructions prior to posting completed minutes
- Pick a moderator and note-taker
- Open a text editor to take down some detailed minutes.
- Detail is important. If it isn't written down, it never happened.
- Project the minutes and notes throughout the meeting
- Follow the instructions in the End of Meeting section at the appropriate time.
- Tell firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com if there are new members. If the treasurer is already present, there is no need to email them.
- Make sure everyone gets a chance to speak
- Speak minimally yourself
- Keep the meeting moving
- Handle the membership voting process
- Be sure to thoroughly follow the procedure outlined in this document, as the template may occasionally change without warning.
- The order of things is also important. We induct new members prior to proposals, so that they too may have a say in things.
- Say your name the first time you speak
- Remain on-topic
- Remain respectful of other participants
- Note Taker: FIXME
- Moderator: FIXME
 Introduction and Names
- Invite a knowledgable member to explain what SYNHAK is about, if anyone new is present:
SYNHAK is an infrastructure provider for people who want to make things. SYNHAK provides space, tools, and infrastructure to help others learn new skills and create cool things. SYNHAK exists through and depends on membership dues, donations, and the hard work of individuals such as ourselves. Our code of conduct is "Be excellent to each other."
- Round of introductions
- What is your name?
- What do you do?
- If this is your first time, how did you hear about SYNHAK?
- Any cool new projects? Something you want everyone to know?
- Any happenings that people should be aware of?
- Read off any names open for application
- Anyone eligible should:
- Introduce yourself
- Answer any questions
- Leave the area
- Members present should reach consensus on whether or not they join
- Applicants may return
 Financial Report
- Funds in bank:
- Check the page at Proposals/Open.
 Discussion Items
If an item of discussion drags on too long, further discussion may be postponed until after the meeting ends.
During discussion, it is not necessary to write down exactly what each person says. Record the topics of discussion, and any items of consensus or controversy here. Detailed descriptions of the conversation should go on the discuss page for this meeting.
 End of Meeting
- Delete the "Instructions" section at the top of this page.
- Post the notes to the wiki
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com about new members (unless they are present at the meeting)
- Discuss any items for which there was not enough time during the meeting
- Delete this bit of magical text, which lets User:Phong know that the minutes are ready for distribution to firstname.lastname@example.org: <phongMinutesNotReady/>