|This page is official policy, as determined by the Proposals system. Don't change this page! Modifications must be submitted as a Proposal!|
- Everyone pools their money together to buy nice shiny things, like a laser cutter, or pay rent.
- Have a say in the space's direction with voting rights
- Eligibility for 24/7 access
|Level||Monthly||Eligible for 24/7 Access via token||Web space (http://synhak.org/~hacker/)||Notes|
|Student||$15||No||No||Needs a valid student ID and verification of enrollment|
|Starving Hacker||$25||No||No||Requires board approval|
|Serious Geek||$55||Yes||Yes||We <3 you!|
|Übergeek||$105||Yes||Yes||We <3 you!|
There is a 10% discount if you pay for at least 3 months in advance.
For payment options, visit the page that explains how to pay your dues
If you would like 24/7 access, you'll need to sign our Key Access form, available in the space. Turn it in, and the membership will vote on it at the next meeting. This is a test of the trust we have in you. Keys come with a one-time cost of $5 and a $20 deposit. The $20 deposit goes towards the cost of replacing the lock and everyone's keys should you lose yours.
To apply for membership, you need the following:
- The application form
- Two sponsors
- A good reason to apply
- Fill out an application form from the back of the Binder, or here and persuade two other members to sponsor you.
- Return it to the secretary
- Secretary processes the paperwork
- The secretary then asks for a meeting interview date, which must be at least 3 days in advance.
- Your application is announced to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and added to the agenda for the Next Meeting.
- The Meeting Interview
- During each meeting, outstanding applications are read aloud and noted in the minutes
- You or your proxy will attend the meeting requested, where the meeting may ask you questions. Feel free to attend a meeting to see what kind of questions :)
- After questions, the meeting will ask you to leave while they discuss acceptance.
- Once your application is accepted, pay your dues to the Treasurer, and your form will be given back to the Secretary.
- You are not a member until dues are paid. If you do not pay dues within 30 days, you are not a member and must re-apply.
Anyone in the space can look in the Binder for applications, the space by-laws, and the guestbook. You may ask the Secretary for accepted applications. If an existing member objects, they or their proxy may come to the meeting for discussion.