|Date||February 29th, 2012|
|Venue||Rocknes' in Fairlawn|
 Meeting Minutes
People present: Penny Devin Trever Chris Katy Ricky
19:55 meeting start
- Oh wait, just kidding. We're ordering food
Okay, real meeting start this time
20:00 Things to review
- board meetings will be held at least once a year and any member in good standing can attend
- any board member or officer can call a meeting including the cfo
- officers can resign at any time and once they resign they are done at the date specified and no one has to approve said resignation
20:05 Chapter 5- member meetings
- there should be an officer meeting once a month (minimum)
- Chris wanted to make it so the by laws said once a calander month but Trever disagreed with that because then there could be nearly two month gap between two meetings. It was decided to keep it once a month
- board meetings should be open to include members and must be announced at least three days in advance
- should there be a "state of the space" meeting? This will be a meeting where the plans for the year will be played out. The officers will run this meeting but the board will have to attend.
- there will also be a clause in the by laws stating that extrenuous circumstances will excuse someone from the meeting
- Special meetings can only be called by officers
20:40- there was a pause for food there
- an officers term will be one year
- this means there will be elections every year
- any member in good standing can be nominated to the board
- you can be nominated up to one month before the elections
- a person cannot hold two offices
- nominations for multiple offices?
- it was decided that no one can run for two offices
20:50- inspection rights
- this is a member's right to inspect and copy of member records (a list of members numbers and addresses)
- must submit requests in writing to the secratary
- members may also see financial records, board minutes, and officer minutes
- the biard also has the right to inspct how the space is being run
20:59- cfo will be discussed later 21:00- Appointment of officers
- should the board be able to create and remove officer positions?
- yes but they cannot amend those positions. They cannot a psotion and the immediately make a position with the same name but a different purpose.
- removing officers with out reason will be discussed at trever's next meeting at the seed clinic
- does the board the have to refill the position?
- there can be a temporary appointment for two weeks.
- officers can be apoiinted at any time.
- board votes on this with ranged voting
- the board can apooint member to any open position
- the members can the impeach any officer. Members can also impeach any board member
- subordinate officers will be discussed at another time.
21:30 last call for things to discuss in this meeting
- no one brought up anything