1456 Riverside Dr, Akron, Ohio
- Note Taker: Trever Fischer
- Moderator: Penny Golightley
 Introduction and Names
- Andrew - Turns barley into beer
- Devin - Has a drill press. Doesn't like worlds greatest show ever, adventure time.
- Autumn - Going to eat the pretzels
- Paul - Doesn't like devin anymore (due to not liking AT)
- Brian - Doesn't feel like adventure time was meant for kids.
- Chris - Sweats ass off. Still likes devin, as of 19:25.
- Trever - takes notes
- Penny - Doesn't like devin. Never did, really... (not true)
- Megan - Doesn't really do much, just graduated. Looking for stuff to do.
- Found out about it because she's known penny for too long.
- Andrew - The sparkfun order was erroneously sent to Cincinnati then sent back to sparkfun. Should be here sometime this week/next.
- Penny - If you want something sent to the space, send it to the space. We'll keep it safe. Including inflatable companions. To avoid the embarrassment, ya know?
- Trever - fixed wifi, new stools
- Devin - Since we're getting new tools, devin will start picking a day a week and going through all the tools we've got and doing a safety and practical use course. Once we get the mill and lathe, we'll have a real professional teach it. We need more safety gear.
- Paul says he can find some safety gear from work, since they're moving. And lots of raw materials. Lots of mufflers. Mufflers mufflers mufflers.
- Trever - saved the tablets
- Trever - We're moving downtown on August 1 for $350/mo. 1 Main St, Akron, Oh
(misc discussion about vendor space at lock 3 or riverfront)
- Autumn Feathers
- Yes, thats her real name.
- Reason to join: Because I love the fact that SYNHAK exists, I love the creativeness and the fact that you guys all came together to do it. Also, I think you guys are awesome people! I want to contribute myself and expand on ideas together. :)
- Chris - Projects to work on?
- Crafts with penny!
- Penny - what makes Autumn happy?
- Cats, candles, bats, paint, blacklights, music, funny and witty people, awesome jokes, tea, alcohol, walks in the park, long walks on the beach.
- Those moments when you click with someone, feel in tune with everything.
- Trever - What are you interested in?
- Philosophy, asking questions, super into cats.
- Trever - How do you take your tea?
- In a cup, with sugar. Hot. White tea.
- Trever - what do you see yourself doing in 10 years?
- The past few years have been confusing. I want to travel, see things, meet people. No real plan set :D. Maybe in a commune, like that movie, The Beach.
- Paul Warnock
- Reason: Wants to be a member because of the free exhange of ideas/processes.
- Devin - how do you like your tea?
- I don't.
- Penny - How do you like your coke
- Cold, warm, whatever, as long as its in a can.
- Andrew - Your view on the Throwback Coke
- Chris - Projects?
- Don't know. Very open. Lots of personal projects, very open to learning new things/techniques/sources.
- Currently working as a furniture maker. Got a couple of ideas being worked on. Learning to be a better welder.
- Penny - Would you want to teach a class?
- Sure. Definitely. I love to learn and share my own archaic knowledge.
- Andrew - What kinds of skills are you most interested in learning?
- Machining, more resources with the internets, better uses of modern/current technology
- Trever - Whats the furthest you've ever been from home?
- Pine Ridge, SD, just outside rapid city.
- Trever - favorite beer?
- I dislike it intensely. I don't like the flavor, I chain smoke for days on just coca-cola and cigarettes. As long as I avoid green veggies in any form, I'll avoid cancer. And water is just filtered dead people goo.
- Brian A. McHenry
- Reason: Wants to learn, help, and design. I really want to make things that make life more interesting.
- Andrew - When you say design, is that graphic or sculpture, art, etc?
- I want to build a monocycle. I want to come up with new ideas or concepts I can ride around or use.
- Penny - Any current projects?
- Figuring out how to make an endoboard you can ride around from place to place
- Chris - how do you like your tea?
- Cream and sugar.
- Trever - Where did you grow up?
- Spent 7 years in green, 7 in WV, 8 drifting around.
- Andrew - favorite pizza topping
- Penny - Favorite beer?
- Mississippi Mud
- Chris - what do you do?
- I'm a roofer.
Autumn, Paul, and Brian are accepted as members.
 Financial Report
- Funds in bank: $1858.15
- Members owing Dues for the month
- Craig Berndorf
 Discussion Items
- Devin: We'll need to get a lockout system for the next space.
- Penny: An honor system, where we trust members to only use stuff they know how to use.
- Paul: A stamp system, where you must present your certifications prior to being stamped.
- Penny: Everyone signed a waiver.
- Andrew/Paul: A good lawyer will punch holes through it.
- Brian: Different cards with stickers you had to bring to prove you were trained.
- Chris: Something like a ski resort tag that indicates your skill
- Penny: It doesn't help the space to use stuff you don't know how to use. Give trained people a key to the locked 'deadly tool room'.
- Andrew: Put a lock on the breakerbox for all the equipment.
- Trever: Move-in party on the 4th
- Andrew: We can move stuff in starting on wednesday afternoon.
- Trever: Any other pledges of stuff that isn't here yet that will show up on saturday.
- Penny: The board hasn't approved it yet, FYI.
- Andrew talks about asset tracking:
- Asset tracking:
- Two Part barcode tags or $0.15 @ 1000. We'd have to investigate into being able to split orders for different headings or if they require 1000 of all the same printed text. I deally we'd have a set for " Property of SynHak" and a set for " On loan to SynHak" Then have the mate of the label kept in a log book/ binder detailing details: exact or fair market value, donor/loaner, date acquired, &c.
- researched by Andrew (Leithoa) after brief discussion at 10/7/12's meeting
- Asset tracking:
- Trever notes it is gay tuesday at barley house
- Penny says its too friggin hot to pay attention.