|Venue||21 West North|
21 West North St, Akron, OH, 44304
- Note Taker: Torrie Fischer
- Moderator: Alexander Golightley
 Introduction and Names
- Xander - Climbs Walls
- Chris - "Trendy"
- Torrie - Builds robots
- Andy - Still works
- Omar - Technomancer
- Persa - Seeks participants for HackNEO
- Andrew - Sits on a throne of iron lies
- Any cool new projects? Something you want everyone to know?
- Any happenings that people should be aware of?
- Mini Maker Faire
- CFA tomorrow
- Homebrewing class last Wednesday
- New goodies
- SATA USB adapters
- Paper towels
- Lightbulbs fluorescent and otherwise
- Pinball machine battery died, 89billion highscore is gone
- Siddharth suggested we hang signs showing the cardinal directions
- Torrie emailed MakerGear about the 3D printer
- Next week is Pecha Kucha
- <Phong> Pecha Kucha is a card game similar to uno!
- OGG Vorbis Bewbies
- Torrie gets wood
- Andrew got a ladle
- Omar found a project that turns a working washing machine into a working 3-phase AC generator.
- Just add water!
- Persa sez: In interest of generating open data for HackNEO, there is a possiblitiy we'll be building an arduino people counter for the hiking trails.
- Can we put it out by the trail and monitor it?
- Torrie will check in on it whenever she's here
- Can we put it out by the trail and monitor it?
- All classes are filled up for June
- .NET Programming and its relevance by Dan Swick
- Intro to DMX controls by Justin Herman
- Persa sez: Ken Burns quit his job and is having a par-tay
- Friday at 6:30p
- Andy sez: Show up 'round 5 or something
- "Official" email says around 6 at "His Place" (TinyCircuits)
- Andy found that doors were unlocked, lights were on, sometime last week
- Please make sure whoever is last out locks up
- The Junkpile has been reset
- Read off any names open for application
- Anyone eligible should:
- Introduce yourself
- Answer any questions
- Leave the area
- Members present should reach consensus on whether or not they join
- Applicants may return
- New application: Persa Zula
- "Because civic hackers and other hackers need to stick together"
- Sponsors: Xander and Torrie
- Chris asks: What makes you happy?
- Drinking hard cider during sunset while watching my chickens be ancient dinosaurs
- When you hang out with them you realize how dinosaur-like they are!
- Xander sez: What do you do?
- I don't want to define myself by what I do from 9-5 to make money
- Andy asks: What do you want to do?
- Chris sez: Chris sez: Please define yourself by your nine to five thing you make money with.
- Web developer for a digital marketing company
- Omar sez: How can the space benefit from you?
- Membership dues
- I have a weird knowledgebase of things ranging from bicycle repair to juggling to small pieces of sysadmin to gardening to livestock caretaking
- Andrew asks: Whats your favorite video game?
- Mario Kart 64
- Andy asks: Whats your educational background?
- An unfinished degree from the school of life
- A B of Fine Arts and Graphics Design at UA
- Chris sez: How do you think the space can be improved?
- If I were a member, here's how I'd contribute: We could sell things if we had a nice glass case.
- Torrie sez: Emacs, vim or other
- I'll be judged. If I'm on a server, I'll use pico. If I'm developing locally, I'll use sublime.
 Financial Report
- Funds in bank: $3103.77
- $354.21 towards the 3d printer
- 3 Unpaid for April, they've been mailed, membership extended 'till the 30th since treasurer didn't mail on the 1st
- 6 Unpaid for May, including the 3 for April, they've been mailed
 Discussion Items
- Torrie is building a MAME cabinet
- Omar has a display for it, the power supply is sketchy
- Xander says the mails from spiff are unclear
- Torrie will work with him on those later this evening
- Xander sez: We might be getting a screen printing class here June or July
- Xander knows someone from the cleveland mini maker faire who does screenprinting and might have some screens to donate
- Xander wants to hear what we want to learn
- Omar wants to learn code
- Chris wants to know doctorate level math
- Andy sez: Ken knows how to do Eagle, Andy and Torrie want to know how to do it
- Persa wants a small arduino project you can take home
- A class on basic sketching/drawing - Maybe by Zuzu?
- Someone at maker's alliance knows how to do glass beads and such
- Omar wants to do another build your own PC class
- Andy sez: Its more a matter of advertising than having interest
- Xander sez: theres no sense in having classes nobody attends
- Persa objects: People might not know about classes
- Torrie admits that she's terribad at advertising lately, even though she's the one supposed to be doing it
- (various discussion about how people should do more advertising instead of assuming Torrie is doing it)
- Torrie explains her plan for automating a lot of PR based on spiff
- Andy sez: Don't tell them if you want to go, "You gotta be here, man! Its an EXPERIENCE"
- Andy wants a brony meetup
- Xander will wear the pinkie pie cosplay, without the tights (such glorious legs)
- People can come here and watch movies or something after work
- Xander sez: Thursdays and Mondays are getting lonely
- (discussion about Friday happy hours)
- Andrew is leaving after this month 'till fall